Check Out These Winter Conservation Tips
Do winter bills give you chills? Warm up to these easy money-saving tips:
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees or lower.
- Check & clean filters once a month. Dirty filters restrict airflow & increase energy use.
- Clean air registers, baseboard heaters, & radiators as needed.
- Let in the sunshine. Open drapes & let the sun heat your home for free!
- Install a programmable thermostat to automatically control the heat when you are away or sleeping.
- If you have a crawl space under your home, close the foundation vents.
- Keep furniture and drapes from blocking heating registers and return vents.
- If you can, lower your thermostat 1-2 degrees. Wear socks and a sweater indoors.
- Add caulk or weather stripping to seal air leaks around leaky doors and windows.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless fire is burning.
- Set your water heater temperature to 120 degrees.
- Remember to shift consumption from peak to off-peak hours to take advantage of Time-of-Use Electric Rates.
- Winter Peak Hours: November-March, 6-10am (Monday-Friday)
Weekends and PWC-recognized holidays are off-peak