PWC Receives 6 State Communication Awards
PWC was among 28 North Carolina governments to earn recognition in the 12th North Carolina City & County Communicators’ (NC3C) Excellence in Communications Awards. PWC won six awards including PWC’s Carolyn Justice-Hinson winning the Chris Coulson Communicator of the Year Award.
The awards were presented Thursday, April 11, 2019 at NC3C’s annual Spring Conference in Durham. A total of 248 entries was received. PWC won the following awards:
- First Place, Social Media, Best Use of Social Media-One Time Event, PWC’s Hurricane Florence Storm Communications
- First Place, TV, Video & Streaming, Regular Programming, PWC’s On Board
- Second Place, Printed Publication, Program or Activity Catalog, PWC Conservation Calendar
- Second Place, Printed Publication, Employee Newsletter, PWC Communicator
- Second Place, Service Delivery, PWC’s Building Business Rally
- Chris Coulson Communicator of the Year Award, PWC’s Carolyn Justice-Hinson
Categories included TV & Video, Communication Technology, Printed Publications, Most Creative Project for the Least Amount of Funds, Citizen Participation and Marketing Tools.
“It is my honor to congratulate all the winners of the NC3C Excellence in Communications contest this year. The work that city and county government communicators do is impressive and is worth recognizing,” said 2018-2019 President Dana Kaminske. “Being able to showcase the excellent talent, programs, writing, videos, photos and more from our membership is exciting. This state-wide award program helps our profession to be the most creative, educational and informative as we can be, using the latest technologies and resources.”
Judges for the NC3C Excellence in Communications Awards were communication professionals from the Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers and a variety of communications industries across the state.
The purpose of North Carolina City & County Communicators is to encourage professional development and networking among local governmental communications professionals. The organization was formed in March 2007 and is made up of government professional communicators from around the state. For more information about NC3C, visit the website www.nc3c.com.
PWC's Carolyn Justice-Hinson was named the
2019 Chris Coulsen Communicator of the Year
PWC earned 6 Excellence in Communications Awards from the NC3C