Safety Tips for Holiday Lights
It’s that time of year when holiday lights go up and decorations come out in neighborhoods across our community and beyond. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you’re thinking about dressing up your home for the holidays:
• Keep ladders away from overhead power lines.
• As a rule of thumb, string together no more than 3 light sets.
• Use 1 long extension cord instead of linking several shorter ones.
• Keep paper and ribbon away from hot lights.
• Unplug or shut off all decorative lights before bedtime or before leaving home.
• Use Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) with all outdoor lighting.
• Use LED Seasonal lights – they last longer and save you more. Click here for PWC’s LED Seasonal Light Incentive program