PWC’s Educational Resources
Check out these great PWC educational resources while you're at home with the kids!
Virtual PWC Day - October 2020
- Glenville Lake Water Treatment Facility
- Glenville Lake's Lab
- Glenville Lake - A Perfect View
- P.O. Hoffer Water Treatment Facility
- Turning Dirty Water Into Clean Water
- Our Own Power Supply
- The Community Solar Farm
- Sewer Pipes, Robots, & Cameras
- Being A Line Worker at PWC
- Stay Calm, Help is on the Way
- Customer Service
- PWC Day Wrap-up
Other Educational Resources
- Did you know Kidsville News is a fun family newspaper that promotes education and reading for kids in K-6 grades. It’s also a great resource for parents while schools are closed. Visit them online for Brainworks, science experiments, lesson plans, and more!
- Thirsty for knowledge? Let's learn about water! Reduce your water use by turning off the water while brushing teeth, taking shorter showers, and only running the dishwasher when it's full. Learn about water efficiency together with this fun game:
Virtual Field Trips
Click on a video below for fun, informative, social-distancing friendly virtual visits!
Visit PWC’s Residual Farm to learn about the role it plays in waste management!
Have you ever wanted to know how an elevated water tower works? Click below to find out!
What does a Substation do and what role does it play in the power generation?
Do you like science experiments?
Let's visit a Lift Station!
Do you know where your drinking water comes from and how its treated?
Take a ride with a PWC Lineman!
What does Emergency Dispatch do?
Take a trip to a Water Reclamation Facility!
How is electricity created?
Arts & Crafts! Make a planter out of recycled materials!
Learn about the Engineering field!
Let's Visit the Cape Fear River!
Do you know what a Watershed is?
What is Public Power?