ENERGY STAR® Clothes Dryer Incentive Program
Did you know that your clothes dryer uses more energy than any other appliance in your home? Eighty percent (80%) of Americans own a clothes dryer. If all of these dryers were ENERGY STAR® we could save $1.5 billion in annual energy costs! This would help prevent greenhouse emissions for a cleaner environment and keep utility operating costs down.
Beginning September 15, 2015 and until further notice, PWC is offering a $30 bill credit incentive if you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer. Learn more about this new and exciting appliance offering by clicking on the links below and start saving today!
*PWC reserves the right to amend or discontinue this program at any time without prior notice.
Calculate the ENERGY cost of your Clothes Dryer
A typical load of laundry takes about 45 minutes to dry. An ENERGY STAR® clothes dryer uses about 20% less energy than a standard dryer. Cleaning your lint trap after each use and periodically cleaning your dryer vent, can save you additional utility dollars! Use the calculator below to see the savings when you shift dryer use from on-peak to off-peak hours.
How it works:
- Select the type of dryer you own
- Enter the number of loads you dry per week
- Select the number of loads you run during the peak hours
How it adds up:
- See the number of loads you run off-peak. The great the number, the greater your savings
- See your annual energy use and cost when operating your clothes dryer
- If you run loads during peak hours, see the amount you will save if you shift to off-peak (note: Calculator assumes some typical use is during peak hours. If all you use is already off -peak, no additional savings will show)
- If you use a standard dryer, see how much more you can save a year by purchasing an Energy Star clothes dryer.