Establishing Service

To establish new residential service with PWC, you have several options: Español

PWC Online Account Manager

New customers may sign up for an account by registering at our customer service portal, My PWC Account Manager. After registration, you can start a new service under the “Service Request” menu option.

Helpful Hints:

  • When logging into My PWC Account Manager for the first time, please click the “Sign Up” button and follow the prompts to set up your username and password. Select “I do not have an account” if you have yet to establish service with PWC. This is highlighted in orange.
  • My PWC Account Manager gives you a complete look at your usage and account history. You have the ability to view multiple accounts at one time, enroll in convenient payment options, request payment extensions, see past bills and statements, compare bills side-by-side, and more!
  • Click the Customer Service tab to access new options and features! Notify PWC of an outage, request a letter of credit, and report utility theft anonymously. There’s even an option to inquire about higher or lower than average bills.

My PWC Account Manager Tech Support

My PWC Account Manager Bill Stuffer


Contact Customer Service

New customers may start service by calling PWC’s Customer Service Department at (910) 483-1382 or by visiting our office located at 955 Old Wilmington Rd. Please keep in mind that our call and in-person visit volume is high around the first of every month and on Mondays and Fridays. Our Call Center is open 8am-8pm, Monday-Friday.

You may also send Customer Service an email and request that a Representative contact you.

You will need the following information to set up service over the phone:

  • Date of birth
  • Social Security number
  • Valid picture ID number (license or state issued ID#)
  • Telephone number
  • Employer information if applicable
  • Email address
  • Spouse/Co-Applicant information
  • Reference
  • Landlord’s information if renter

To establish services in person, please provide/bring:

  • All the information listed above
  • Valid picture ID number (license or state issued ID#)
  • Valid lease


Account Inquiries

Need to check your due date or verify a payment? PWC offers 24-hour automated account information over the phone at (910) 483-1382. You will need your 10 digit account number. To request an extension through the automated system, an account must have a good credit history. Otherwise, you must speak to a Customer Service Representative.

Please keep in mind that customers must be registered users in order to access account information on the PWC Online Account Manager. You can access your current account information, such as account balance, due date or payment verification, around the clock. You will need your 10 digit account number. You can also review usage history, request payment extensions, or request start/stop/transfer of service online.


Irrigation Meters

Click here to request a Residential Irrigation Meter. If you need to request a Commercial Irrigation Meter, please click here.

Residential customers with separate lawn irrigation meters are required by state and local regulations to have backflow protectors on their irrigation system. The backflow protectors are also required to be inspected routinely. As a part of PWC’s Residential Lawn Irrigation Program, PWC has authorized contractors to test and repairs customers’ backflow protectors. Irrigation customers are billed a small fee monthly to cover the costs associated with Backflow preventer inspections and maintenance.


Area Lights

Existing customers may request additional services such as area lights by calling Customer Service at (910) 483-1382.

Area lighting is used to light private areas such as backyards, playgrounds, storage yards and general customer areas. These lights are installed as requested by a customer for a monthly fee. Street lighting is used primarily to illuminate the city’s public thoroughfares and residential streets. However, street lighting is also available on private streets at an additional monthly cost to residents. Please call Customer Service or send an email to schedule an appointment and get information on the monthly rates for an area light.

PWC will need to have access to get a line truck in the customer’s yard. If the customer has a fence, then the gate will need to be wide enough for a line truck to enter. If the service for the area light is underground, there is an additional $5.00 per foot for digging the service underground for an area light.


Stop or Transfer Service

Existing customers may stop or transfer utility services by calling the Customer Service Department at (910) 483-1382. There is a connection fee applied to all transferred services. Click here for a schedule of deposits, fees, and charges. Customers who are registered users of our customer service portal, My PWC Account Manager, may request stop or transfer service under the “Service Request” menu option.