Frequently Asked Questions – Customer Service

How do I contact Customer Service?

*Call volume tends to be high on Mondays and Fridays, and at the beginning of each month.

What is a Basic Facility Charge?
A Basic Facility Charge is an investment per service that helps PWC cover the expenses of maintaining the overall utility system.  Click here to learn more

How do I report problems, such as area or street light outages, tree trimming requests, downed power lines or poles, power fluctuations/flickering, and voltage concerns?
Please call Customer Service at (910) 483-1382 or submit your issue using the Online Account Manager.

What do I do if I plan to do any underground digging?
Please call NC811 at 8-1-1 or 1-800-632-4949 at least 48-hours in advance to locate all underground utilities before you start any digging project.

How do I sign up for PWC’s Medical Priority Program?
Click here for more information about PWC’s Medical Priority Program

Does PWC provide storm drainage, trash, and recycling services?
The City of Fayetteville provides all of these services.  They can be reached at (910) 433-1FAY (1329) or through the FayFixIt app.  Cumberland County also offers recycling sites at various locations.

What’s the difference between an area light and a street light?
Area lighting is used to light private areas such as backyards, playgrounds, storage yards and general customer areas. These lights are installed as requested by a customer for a monthly fee. Street lighting is used primarily to illuminate the city’s public thoroughfares and residential streets. However, street lighting is also available on private streets at an additional monthly cost to residents.

Do I contact PWC if I need to fill my pool?  Does PWC offer a discount for filling up a pool?
If you are a water and sewer customer, we do recommend you contact Customer Service at 910-483-1382 for details, if you need to fill/refill your pool.  PWC offers a courtesy adjustment on sewer usage once a year (minimum of 1,000 gallons additional usage over and above normal use).  You’ll need to provide the dates when it was filled and how many gallons it holds.  After verifying the usage, the adjustment will appear on your next bill.

Other FAQ