Drive EV with PWC
Although Electric Vehicles (EVs) have been around since the turn of the last century and made sporadic appearances in the mid-century, the launch of the Toyota Prius in the 90’s is considered as the milestone for the current electric vehicles’ sales expansion. EVs continue to grow in popularity, with zero emissions and a lower environmental impact.
Electric Car Benefits:
- Lower operational costs: While the average purchase cost of an EV may be higher than comparable fossil fuel-powered vehicles, lower operating costs will save you money over time. The estimated cost of electricity needed to power an EV is equivalent to or less than one dollar per gallon of gasoline.
- Lower maintenance costs: EVs have fewer moving parts than gas-powered vehicles, eliminating the need for oil changes and increasing the time between tire and break replacements.
- Zero operating emissions: The emissions associated with EVs come from power plants generating electricity to charge the batteries, not from tailpipe emissions.
- Overall reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions: CO2 is the principal gas associated with global warming, EVs provide an opportunity to lower the carbon footprint.
- Reduced pollution to oceans, rivers, and ground water: Decreased use of petroleum gasoline and motor oil means fewer spills.
- Relief from urban noise pollution: Electric motors are quiet as well as clean, providing a smooth, and high acceleration ride.
- Cleaner air: They help reduce fossil fuel emissions, such as CO2 and other greenhouse gases, that have negative health effects.
Use the Electric Vehicle Calculator to learn how much you can save by switching to an EV.