Advanced Meters – Benefits
An advanced meter is an electronic device that allows for two-way communication between PWC its customers. These electric and/or water meters are equipped with wireless communications technology and will provide near real-time collection and secure transfer of your usage information. Features of advanced meters include:
- Timely access of your usage information - You'll be able to view your daily use online so you can better understand your usage habits and make informed decisions about your energy and water management.
- Improved reliability - Advanced Meters provide faster power outage or water leak notice to PWC so repairs can begin quickly.
- Expanded product options - Ability to support new rate offerings from Retail Electric Providers (REPs), like real-time pricing and pre-paid electricity, as well as consumer in-home networks.
- Greater privacy - Advanced Meters can be read remotely so meter readers no longer have to enter your property. PWC will still need occasional access for
- testing and maintenance.This information is subject to change.