Online Usage Calculator – Clothes Washer
Calculate the ENERGY cost of your Clothes Washer
An ENERGY STAR® clothes washer uses 37% less energy than a standard washer. (www.energystar.com). Washing with cold water, washing full loads, and selecting a shorter wash cycle can also save additional utility dollars! For additional savings, use the calculator below to see the savings when you shift washer use from on-peak to off-peak hours.
How it works:
- Select the type of washer you own
- Enter the number of loads you wash per week
- Select the number of loads you run during the peak hours
How it adds up:
- See the number of loads you run off-peak. The great the number, the greater your savings
- See your annual energy use and cost when operating your clothes washer
- If you run loads during peak hours, see the amount you will save if you shift to off-peak (note: Calculator assumes some typical use is during peak hours. If all you use is already off -peak, no additional savings will show)
- If you use a standard washer, see how much more you can save a year by purchasing an Energy Star clothes washer.