Free Electric Car Charging Stations
SPECIAL PUBLIC POWER NISSAN REBATE OFFER: Extended until March 31, 2020
PWC has installed four Electric Vehicle Charging Stations throughout the Fayetteville area that can be used by the public at no cost.
The Charging Stations are a part of PWC’s Clean Fuel Advanced Technology project. PWC received a $37,000 grant from the North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center for the project which provided funding for the charging station installation.
PWC partnered with the Fayetteville/Cumberland Parks and Recreation Department to provide a charging station at three park locations: Honeycutt Park, Lake Rim Park and Clark Park. The fourth station is located at Marketfair Mall off Campground Road. Currently Fayetteville offers charging stations in the downtown parking deck on Franklin Street and at the Transportation Museum at the corner of Maxwell and Russell Street.
The Level 2 (208/240 volt) stations are associated with the ChargePoint Network, the largest charging network in the world and provides two charging ports. Registration with ChargePoint is needed to use the stations at no cost. Since activating in December 2015, the stations have been used over 90 times.
PWC’s Clean Fuel Advanced Technology project focuses on improving air quality and increasing the awareness of clean transportation technologies. Electric vehicles improve air quality because they have no tailpipe emissions, which reduces the amount of carbon dioxide and have lower operational and maintenance costs. The estimated cost of electricity needed to power a EV is equivalent to, or less than, one dollar per gallon of gas.
5084 Campground Road
Cape Fear River Trail
352 Devers Street
Lake Rim Park
2214 Tar Kiln Drive
1-888-758-4389 (24 hrs)
To start your charging sessions, signup for your free ChargePoint card. On signup, a $25 deposit is required as a balance on your account. When using FREE stations (such as PWC’s), you will never be charged. If you cancel your account, you will be refunded the remainder of your deposit.
Electric Car Benefits | Electric Car Charging Station video
- Lower operational costs– The estimated cost of electricity needed to power a PEV is equivalent to or less than one dollar per gallon of gasoline.
- Lower maintenance costs– PEVs have fewer moving parts than gas-powered vehicles.
- Zero operating emissions– The emissions associated with PEVs come from power plants generating electricity to charge the batteries, not from tailpipe emissions.
- Overall reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions– CO2 is the principal gas associated with global warming.
- Reduced pollution to oceans, rivers and ground water – Decreased use of petroleum gasoline and motor oil means fewer spills.
- Relief from urban noise pollution– Electric motors are quiet as well as clean
- Cleaner air – They help reduce fossil fuel emissions, such as CO2 and other greenhouse gases.